Monday, May 25, 2009

Thank You

The message is simple tonight - Thank you to all the past and present service men and women and their families for their daily sacrifices so that we can enjoy freedom. This Memorial Day is so much different than the past. I have a brother who is home for a 2-week leave from Iraq. I am kind of ready for the next 5 months to be over and him be home for good. We cannot do enough for these soldiers who are putting their lives on the line everyday. Trust me, they do not ask for anything. But one thing I ask of you...If you see a solider in uniform, please tell them "thank you." You don't even have to wait for a holiday, do it any day! This simple act of kindness will leave them with a smile on their face and something they can talk about for a long time :) I am continually amazed by the humility of these soldiers. Sorry I can not successfully and completely articulate what I am feeling tonight, but thank you soldiers! God bless and we will be praying until you safely arrive home!

No comments:

Post a Comment