Friday, May 22, 2009

Letter of Surrender

Dear God-

You're everywhere. You're in the warm, crisp summer night. You're in the pureness of a child. You're in the flowers and the things of the nature. You're in the encouragement and smile of a good friend. You're in the magnitude of buildings and structures of the world. Sometimes I wonder how all these can bring curiosity and peace at the same time. It is in these times I realize You were the one who enabled these things, plus so much more, to be about.


You have been tugging on me lately; Slowly drawing me back to You. I know I can never truly be complete unless I am complete in You. I have fled so many times thinking I could make it on my own. But, in the darkness, You have shown me Your light. You have shown me Your agape love. You said "You will never leave nor forsake us." Joshua 1:5 Although at times I feel like I am walking this path alone, You have always been there walking beside me, holding my hand, and at times carrying me.

God, I do not want to be like Peter when You walked on water. You said, "Come" and he walked towards You until he saw the wind. "You of little faith, why did you doubt?" "Wind" occurs everyday, but I don't want to doubt You. I want to place my whole life in Your hands. I always think something should go a certain way, but time and again when it doesn't go my way, You have directed me in a path much more fulfilling and honestly, more of what I desired. My prayer is that I will always walk by faith not sight. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

I have doubted, but I don't want You to ask me why I didn't have faith in You. I can not tell you what my future holds, but You had already decided that before You formed me. My mind is cluttered with uncertainties, but I know the peace that transcends all understanding. With that I can find rest. Whatever may come, Lord, I know it is in Your plan and I surrender.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

"but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment