Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No Expiration Date

The Bible never goes outdated. There is not an expiration date that tells you when the content of the book becomes too old to use and when you need to purchase a new fresh one. It saddens me to tell you I am writing this because of a very loving, conservative Christian woman whom I call Grandma. She is wise beyond her years, but she mentioned something tonight. She said something about how she knows what the Bible says, but they probably didn't know what we would be going through at this point in history. Side note: This is not verbatim and like I said, she is a great lady so please do not hate her lol. This comment got the wheels rolling in my head and led me to really think. Every time I read the Bible I know it is fresh. I know it is real. I know it never goes bad. God didn't know what we would be facing at this point in time? He planned this time! The Bible allows us direction for these times. God has purposely given us His word so we can be set apart. So we do not conform to the world. "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2 This has spurred me to think about what God has instructed us to do through His word. Look for upcoming posts on this topic :) Until then, go pick up your Bible...the expiration date isn't up.

No comments:

Post a Comment