Monday, May 4, 2009

Attitude

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable.

The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."- Charles Swindoll

As I was passing an office today, I noticed these words posted on the outside of the door. This is not the first time I have heard this saying, but sometimes you need to hear it again before it can truly sink in.

I like to think of myself as a typically upbeat, positive, God-lovin' girl. However, lately I have felt my attitude has not been what it should be. It has been more about bitterness and how could they do this to me?? lol But, I believe we are given the opportunity to choose whether we are happy or not. Life happens. It is not always fair. But, I don't have to live like that. I can be happy :)

I read this last week, "This situation hasn't caught God off guard." So even when I am frustrated at something, God already knows it was coming...Heck, He planned that very moment! Today, I choose to be happy and blessed!


2 comments:

  1. Very true...attitude makes a big difference. We all have days though that are worse than others. Also...I may or may not steal that quote from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me. I stole it from someone too..

    ReplyDelete