Friday, January 8, 2010

No More 'Why'

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

I have always believed everything happens for a reason. Yet, often I am wondering 'Why?'

Millions of people had the opportunity to watch the
BCS National Championship game last night against No. 1 Alabama and No. 2 Texas. Although I am a die-hard Oklahoma State fan, I have been raised to appreciate the Longhorns, mainly from my dad. All Christmas break, (besides the OSU game), I was most excited to watch this Texas team to become the No. 1 team in the country. I felt like they had the better team, yet most were choosing Alabama to pull away with the victory. The winningest Quarterback of all time, Colt McCoy, would play his final game and be the hero. He deserved it.

If you watched, you know within the first few minutes of the game, Colt was injured. He never returned. Left to fill in for him was freshman, Garrett Gilbert. I had to feel for the guy. I mean, here it is a National Championship game, he was a freshman, and he had to play for COLT MCCOY. Seemed to me like that was a lot of pressure. However, I do believe he gave it everything he had and almost led the Longhorns to a 14-0 season. He deserves much props. But..read on to hear the real MVP of the game.

The final seconds ticked off and the reality sank in; Texas did not win. A reporter stopped McCoy after the game, and asked him what it was like to watch him spend his last college football game from the sideline.

"I always give God the glory," McCoy said. "I never question why things happen the way they do. God is in control of my life. And I know that...I am standing on the Rock."

You see, God is the MVP. God used Colt to further His Kingdom. It was God. God used Colt for His Glory. Many people might be wondering 'Why?' Colt didn't go back in or 'How?' within only minutes of the game, he could get hurt. I have absolutely NO DOUBT in my mind, it was God. Many people are talking about him today. God used Colt to change some lives, maybe to just rekindle the faith they once had in God.

I didn't make a New Year's resolution. But, I am going to work on my wondering thoughts. I will stop asking why and how and KNOW that it is all in God's perfect Will!

McCoy's Postgame interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHgEESzcGRA

No comments:

Post a Comment