Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Miss California

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:19-21

Were you able to watch the Miss USA contest the other night? I was not, but I have definitely heard about it and I am sure you have to. Miss California Carrie Prejean was asked a question about same-sex marriage. She gave an honest answer and said her beliefs are that marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman. Amen.

Prejean was competing for MISS USA!! This is not the time to stand up for your beliefs, right? She may have lost a crown here on Earth, but great are her rewards in Heaven. She was on the Today Show and told Matt Lauer it is the way she was brought up. It was Biblical truth. This wasn't God's plan for her. She wouldn't change a thing. Wow...

It is amazing to me how our plans sometimes do not coincide with what God has in store for us. Sometimes I am very stubborn and want to go my way, but God has my whole life planned out...He already knows what is going to happen. He has a plan for me :)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I may not always know His plan, but I know it is far greater than mine. Simply because it is God-created. I will cling to that truth.

Prejean will not be Miss USA. But, because she stood up for what she believed in, she will be able to talk to students and others about doing what is right. She has been given opportunities to let God's light shine through this whole situation. Don't tell me God isn't in it...

Disclaimer: This is my opinion...my right as an American...you can have yours too...

To listen to Miss California go to this link... http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/30322011#30322011

No comments:

Post a Comment