Saturday, May 15, 2010

Running

I saw on a friend's Facebook status the other day about running. It stated, "It is OK to be running as long as you are running to something and not away from it." It seems so often I'm running, or being pulled in different directions, or have a million things running through my head. What happened if we were just stationary? Just enjoyed the day by day activities, even if they are not perfect.

I am in a weird place. I just graduated from college with hopes of a job, which I still do not have. And, most of the jobs I am finding are not around here, but in other states. Sometimes I think it would be good to get experience in a place completely different than here...Away from the place I have always known. A chance to start anew. I mean, I have had it pretty good, but isn't there always things you wish were different about you? And maybe, by yourself, only you, you could truly start living for you? For me, I feel like I am a horrible Christian example. My parents showed mercy today in a way I don't think I have ever physically seen by humans. I won't go into details (and no it wasn't to me) but I couldn't help but think, what a God thing!? I want those type of gifts..unconditional mercy. It is a day like this, you can't help but live in the moment. Living in the moment means you are all there though. Every little bit of you is giving it all to that one moment. Emotions-happy, sad, guilt, laughter, frustration; Words-kind and uplifting, nothing to tear down; Actions-a hug, something unexpected.

Another crazy quote that popped into my head this evening, "The best thing about life is that it begins again tomorrow." Today may be difficult, but tomorrow is another day. We don't have time on Earth to blame, to be upset at, or to disregard others. God tells us I don't know how many times to not be afraid, to not fear, to not be discouraged...He is going to take care of us. I know who wins in the end. My God is my hope for every moment and day to come. I stand only because of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment